· Support and improve existing equipment used to assemble lithium ion cells.
· Review and analyze production data to identify and prioritize areas for process / product improvements; lead effort to implement and monitor changes.
· Lead Process FMEA activities to ensure process shortcomings are identified and addressed. Participate in design FMEA activities.
· Lead, direct, and assign Process Technicians as necessary.
· Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, develop cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production
· Use of statistical techniques as a tool to improve existing processes and define new processes
· Support Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team through DFMA reviews to improve product manufacturability for all future programs.
· Develop APQP documentation required to support production builds. These documents include work instructions, PFMEA, PFD, Setup documents, and other manufacturing related documentation.
· Support/address all product changes and deviations to existing products.
· Drives for Results - The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
· Drives Accountability - The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
· Engineer will be responsible for meeting yield and overall efficiency targets for their area and document improvement plans
· Use 5S to establish clear methods of manufacturing and simplify processes