Programme director's position consists of two roles:
- Manage the delivery of the project through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation.
- Ensure the project delivers in-line with the SDLC and PLC.
- Develop and maintain an end to end project plan that delivers the agreed scope of the project to time, budget and quality criteria.
- Take accountability for working with all Directorates/areas to agree scope, timelines and artefacts in order to ensure delivery of the project in line with overall agreed plan.
- Take ownership for the overall estimating process for the project, and working collaboratively with the Lead Business Analyst, the Build Manager, and the Test Manager, estimate the work effort required to deliver the project scope within the agreed timescales and budgets.
- Provide timely, precise, accurate and comprehensive project MI and reporting
- Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies through the full project lifecycle.
- Ensure project changes are managed in line with the SDLC and PLC, and all commercial changes to the project are agreed with the Account Director.
- Ensure all 3rd party suppliers are engaged appropriately and contracts are in place and managed to ensure the required outcomes.
- Ensure all operational readiness activities are undertaken in line with the SDLC and PLC, and that appropriate training and handover takes place ahead of implementation.
- Ensure the project conducts a post implementation review and that lessons learned are captured and shared with the rest of the PM community.
- Lead, manage and motivate a virtual team in multiple geographic locations, communicating project progress, and ensuring all team members take accountability for delivery.
- Provide coaching, advice and support performance management with line manager's where necessary.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement on the project, support process improvement initiatives, and identify new process improvements.
- Be an active member of the PM community, contributing to team sessions and central improvement initiatives, and sharing best practice and lessons learned.